PDA

View Full Version : Daisy/sunflowerish

Duke Beattie
08-24-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm not very good at flower id's.. I think this is a variation of a blanket flower..... Taken in Somers, MT.
http://www.pbase.com/dcbeattie/image/101230781/large.jpg
Handheld
Model Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
Flash Used No
Focal Length 150 mm
Exposure Time 1/250 sec
Aperture f/8
ISO Equivalent 100

Kaushik Balakumar
08-25-2008, 02:13 AM
This is beautiful. Liked the secondary, small yellow flower in the lower-right-corner along with that leaf - provides nice balance.
Just wish the white OOF flowers were'nt present in the BG.

Julie Kenward
08-25-2008, 01:42 PM
I like that you took this on a diagonal...it really beefs up the composition. I wouldn't really mind the white flowers in the BG if it were a little softer or more diffused?

Ed Vatza
08-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Kaushik and Julie have said everything that I was going to say. I like everything about your main subject. But those white oof flowers in the background really detract for me. That's not to say that they can't ever work but they don't seem to here. More diffuse would be good. A different angle might help. Possibly moving to the left. I often will move entirely around a flower looking to the right angle. (And sometimes still not get it right! :))

Duke Beattie
08-25-2008, 10:36 PM
While I am not horribly bothered by the white flowers I can see the point. I think I will fiddle with them a bit .. diffuse them and tone down the wihite. thanks for the comments ..