PDA

View Full Version : Canaveral National Seashore Sunrise No. 4

Robert Amoruso
08-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Now this one is Canaveral National Seashore Sunrise No. 4. My previous post was clouds. Taken 7-24-08.

Here I leave in a lot of the FG at low tide as it captures the sunrise colors and you get nice patterns from the water rushing in and out. I believe I left this a bit dark from the actual sunrise as I liked the drama of it better this way.

Canon 1D Mark III
Canon 24-105mm @ 24mm
5 sec, f/22
Mode: Av
Metering: Evaluative
Exp comp: +3

Kaushik Balakumar
08-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh what a beauty this is...
Dramatic sky & surreal water. Liked the glow around the sun behind the clouds & its reflection too.
Initially I was wondering if a crop below (so as to bring the horizon line to ROT) would help - but on second thoughts felt that it would remove the some good reflections below. I guess I like it as posted.

Harold Davis
08-24-2008, 04:02 PM
robert, this is one of my favorites of your canaveral series!! love the darker clouds on the right. really dramatic! i like the inclusion of the beach because it shows the reflection of the sun. well done!!

Paul Marcellini
08-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Love the sweeping cloud and the tones throughout. A very interesting color combination. i like the slightly darker feel as it emphasizes the light play on the water. Well done.

Gus Cobos
08-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Very smooth, very creamy, I like the soft feel and the pastel colors rendered in the sky...:cool:

Roman Kurywczak
08-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey Robert,
This might be my favorite also of the series. That is some water!

Noel Carboni
08-25-2008, 10:10 PM
The words that come to mind with this image are Clear and Clean.

No nits here - It has a beautiful compositional balance.

-Noel

Robert Amoruso
08-28-2008, 07:49 AM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the comments. When I got there that morning I thought I was going to bomb out but was happy to get this one.