PDA

View Full Version : Predator !!

adcolon
08-24-2008, 08:27 AM
University of Puerto Rico's Botanical Gardens. Canon 30D, Canon MP-65/macro flash. ISO 100, f/16 @ 1/250 sec.

Kaushik Balakumar
08-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Nice details on the legs & head. Wondering how a vertical crop would look - with just the spider & the bud eliminating the stem.

Julie Kenward
08-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Nice looking spider! I agree with Kaushik...thought a vertical might be the way to go. Your composition is not bad at all but I find myself looking at the plant he's sitting on more than him. I did a vertical crop and toned down the foreground plant to see how it would look. It's just another take for you to consider...

Gus Cobos
08-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi Adcolon,
I like this composition image and capture. There is one thing that takes away from your image; its the diagonal branch that cuts across the upper right side of your frame. I took the liberty in cloning out the branch, added more canvas on the bottom and cloned out some traces of the red and green oof from the top. This makes it a stronger composition and focuses the attention on the spider...:cool:

Ed Vatza
08-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Not much more to say or do. The spider looks very sharp. DOF looks good. I do prefer the vertical crop.