PDA

View Full Version : Poison Mushroom and Rock Squirrel

Joanna Trescott
08-23-2008, 06:48 PM
I saw movement out of the corner of my eye while hiking in the Maroon Wilderness area. This squirrel ran to me, stopped to be photograhed on a lichen-covered rock and dropped this on the trail. Didn't have too much time to react.

I couldn't extract the info, but know it was handheld in cloudy conditions. I remember I set the aperature at 5.6 to get the most speed.

Amy DeStefanis
08-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi Joanna,

I saw your Fly Agaric post in the macro forum. Looks like the squirrel ran away with your subject!

Good job at a moment's notice - you got his tail in, and gave him a little room to run into. It's also quite a funny story, considering that this is a hallucinogenic mushroom. He probably ran to you because you looked like a REALLY big squirrel at the time. Poor thing is probably in a tree somewhere seeing some really interesting things....

Thanks for sharing this.

Amy D.

Robert Amoruso
08-24-2008, 11:48 AM
I agree with Amy, good reflexes and cool story.

You have motion blur in the rear and tail but the head and mushroom are sharp. Try some selective sharpening of the head. shoulders and mushroom to make that stand out.

Markus Jais
08-25-2008, 06:39 AM
cool shot with the mushroom in the mouth. I would have prefered a lower angle, but given that you had to react very fast, this was probably not possible.

I would sharpen it a little bit, especially on the head.

Markus

Gus Cobos
08-26-2008, 05:02 PM
This little guy is fast; but you were faster, and beat him to the punch...:eek:...congrats on the capture...:cool:

D. Robert Franz
08-29-2008, 08:27 AM
Some great action here. The color of the mushroom really stands out. Above suggestions are right on...