PDA

View Full Version : Canaveral National Seashore Sunrise No. 4

Robert Amoruso
08-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Created 7-24-08. I liked the pattern so put my Sigma 12-24mm on the Canon 1D Mark IIn and photographed it. Back in Photoshop I amp'ed up the contrast and blue saturation to increase the drama. It looked OK but I still was not satisifed.

I then desaturated the image to B&W (H/S adjustment layer) and lowered the mid-tones (primarily the sky) to make them richer looking (levels adjustment) to created the image posted. Slight crop from bottom. Comments welcome.

Canon 1D Mark IIn
Sigma 12-24mm @ 12mm
1/250 sec, f/9
Mode: Av
Metering: Evaluative
Exp comp: +2/3
ISO: 200

Roman Kurywczak
08-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey Robert,
I've been studying this image for a while........so that I could explain to others why I like this image compositionally and artisticly.....wasn't easy to verbalize & the best i could come up with is that it flows very well with an abstract feel to it. i may consider adding a hair more to the bottom you took off........but other than that........this powerful B&W works for me!

Grady Weed
08-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Robert, Please help me here. Are we looking at water, oceans waves? Fog? I need more details to think this one over. It has appeal.

Michael Pancier
08-24-2008, 08:34 AM
I love the abstract image. Would be cool if you posted the color so I could get perspective.

Robert Amoruso
08-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Robert, Please help me here. Are we looking at water, oceans waves? Fog? I need more details to think this one over. It has appeal.

Sorry Grady,

I got ready to post a sunrise and then posted this instead but I forgot to change the title which I now fixed. It is a cloud about 45 deg above horizon 90 degres to the sunrise about 20 minutes after sunrise.

Robert Amoruso
08-24-2008, 11:35 AM
I love the abstract image. Would be cool if you posted the color so I could get perspective.

Here is the color version which I still have a bit of work to do on as I got some weird color on the lower edge and in the upper right.

Also no cropping here Roman.

Shawn Marques
08-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Hey Robert. I really like how this abstract immediately grabbed my attention. At first sight, I thought they were ocean waves. The b&w version is very effective and I prefer it that way because it leaves more for the imagination. You did a great job with the dramatic b&w conversion and in filling the frame with those wild looking clouds. Best regards