PDA

View Full Version : Fly Agaric

Joanna Trescott
08-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Canon 20D 1.3 sec., ISO 400, -1/3 EV, 100mm @ 100mm, F16. Tripod and mirror lockup. Uncropped and a little burning to cut the shine on the pine needles.

Julie Kenward
08-23-2008, 07:08 AM
Although I think the subject is interesting, this composition just isn't doing it for me personally. I feel like the mushroom is about to bust out of the frame of the image. Next time, try backing off just a bit and using the ROT's (Rule of Third's) to compose your image and I think you'll have something a little more pleasing to look at and study.

Gus Cobos
08-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi Joanna,
I like what you were trying to do here. If your purpose was to document the habitat of the plant; then its fine. If, however you were presenting as a macro capture only, the gray colors of the surround foreground and background are not too appealing to the eye...thats my personal taste...:D. I took the liberty in cropping your composition to show you possibly a different angle of view that you might consider...keep in mind that the quality of my repost is very poor due to the heavy cropping; thus distroying the pixel quality...see if you would consider this...:cool:

Anita Rakestraw
08-24-2008, 04:00 AM
What an interesting and beautiful mushroom!! It looks just the teensiest bit soft to me.....maybe it's just me....Gus's crop is interesting; I agree that a different composition would possibly show this beauty off better. Hope you can reshoot!

Mike Moats
08-24-2008, 07:04 AM
Hey Joanna, I have a different feel about this image than the others. I tend to like tight cropped images, so I don't mind it as is. I think the only thing I would change is clone the green area in the upper left area.

Aristotle Georgiou
08-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Great looking mushroom you've captured, I think you've chosen a photogenic subject but a non photogenic surrounding that couldn't be helped. So what Gus has suggested to go in for a closer look would be nice.

Joanna Trescott
08-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks for your remarks. I was a little confused about the previous crop-- didn't think it did the mushroom justice.. I am sticking with my original shot. I have taken out the green and sharpened a bit. Thanks for all your comments.

Joanna Trescott
08-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Oops, I forgot to send the repost...

Mike Moats
08-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Hey Joanna, looks better with the green gone and the extra sharpening looks good.

Joanna Trescott
08-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks for your comments, Mike. I, too, like the repost better.