PDA

View Full Version : First Post on BPN Greetings to All

Laura Hughes
08-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Wow, finally a forum where barbed wire is not taboo! I just love that rusty stuff :) Sorry it has taken me this long to find y'all, I'm just really out of touch these days...

A Lark Sparrow taken in Prescott AZ on a country road, an early morning drive-by shot, bucking a little wind, the background is sagebrush chaparral of the neighboring ranches

40D...500mm w/1.4tc...f8...1/1000...iso 400

Joanna Trescott
08-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi Laura -- glad you found the forum! This is quite lovely -- the BG is great and I love the composition. Such a dainty little bird!

James Shadle
08-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Laura,
Welcome to BPN!
And not a bad start I might add.

Beautiful subject, background, sharp and well exposed.
IMO having more room above the subjects head and the subject more left in the frame would make this an even stronger image.
James

Axel Hildebrandt
08-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Welcome, Laura! I really like the pose, details and complementing BG in this one. I agree on putting the bird a tad further to the left in the frame. Keep them coming!

Julie Kenward
08-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Welcome Laura! Looks a lot like one of the house finches in my backyard. You did a wonderful job of exposure and depth of field (DOF). I agree that placing the bird a little more to the left and giving him just a bit more room above the head would help. Everything else appears to be dead on!

Maxis Gamez
08-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Welcome Laura,

Lovely light and excellent elegant pose. This is a very nice introduction image.

Keep them coming!

Glenda Simmons
08-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Nice background, Nice pose, very sharp...a very pleasing image of a lovely little bird. Welcome...and if your from Arizona, I want to see some of your pretty hummers!

Markus Jais
08-24-2008, 06:59 AM
beautiful shot. great colors, light and a wonderful background. I would have put the bird a tiny bit more to the left.

Markus

Lana Hays
08-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Laura
Welcome......glad that you found BPN and have posted your first image. I've always enjoyed your work......and share an equal acceptance to barbed wire. A wonderful Lark Sparrow. You couldn't ask for better detail, head turn or exposure. I'd put to the left just a little more......but what a beauty. Well done.

Gyorgy Szimuly
08-24-2008, 03:31 PM
I have been missing your work for a while.
Good to see you back. I like this image very much. As those man made elements are fully part of our life I have no problem at all with the image.
Cool stuff :)

Szimi

Gus Cobos
08-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Hi Laura,
Welcome to the BPN family. This is a very nice image and capture. The exposure and colors are good , but your bird is too centered in frame. You need to push him to the left just a tad. I took the liberty to do some slight modifications, hope you like...

Stephen Stephen
08-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Welcome to BPN Laura. Lovely sharp bird here and great BG. Others have already commented on placement. I look forward to seeing more from you.