PDA

View Full Version : Very Simple Composite How?

Gus Hallgren
08-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi Folks:

Might help some of you with next month assignment . . . :confused: . . .:D Sample in Educational Before & after.

This is how I did it: Opened the Peacock BG in CS3. Then I opened Trichocereus. I selected Trico, pressed V (Move) and dragged it onto the Peacock BG, I did this twice and put them where I thought they would look best. In the Layers window I now have #2 Trico on top, next #1 Trico, then background.
First I click on #2 Trico In Layers, click "Opacity" directly above it and play with Opacity.
Then I click on #1 Trico and do the same
If you want to adjust Background, Click on Background Layer. I then clicked "Eye Icon" on both Trico layers to hide them temporarily and enhance Background to suit as you usually enhance photos

Then I clicked both Trico eye icons to reveal all layers.
I then clicked on each Trico layer one at a time, pressed "E" (eraser) set preliminary size to 175 (Adjust size to suit as I go along) Hardness at "0", and "Opacity" on Menu Bar to 20 and erase edges to my personal taste.

Before I finalized I played with Trico Opacity, and moving them around.

When finished I save it as a PSD file retaing layers for future corrections. Then I flattened layers, checked I was at BPN size limits. When satisfied, I clicked File>Save For Web & Devices, Clicked on Quality and adjusted size shown under left bottom corner of image to under 200 KB (This will remove your EXif and save it as a JPG)

Have Fun

Uncle Gus aka WABI

Alfred Forns
08-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Way to go Gus !!!! Very appealing and clever !!!

About the only thing I would do is feather the effect around the flower more and give it a little more density. A work of art and big things for listing the steps to follow !! Big Congrats !!!

Katie Rupp
08-22-2008, 04:13 PM
THANK YOU, Gus, I really appreciate the explanation/instructions.

Gus Hallgren
08-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi Folks:
Thanks for your kind comments.

As we have been having unusualy wet weather I have been playing with PS. This composite was a quickie to maybe help with Al's September assignement. Al, as usual, your comments are right on the money, and I should have given it fine finishing. touches.

After looking at lots of exceptionaly beautiful bird photos on BPN I'm anxious to try my hand getting some.

BTW: If any one doesn't want to pay out vthe big bucks for Photoshop, Corel' Paint Shop Pro X2 is one heck of a great program, on sale at the moment. Has quite a few extras not found in PS, picture frames for one, and other neat touches with tons of tutorials on the web . No, I'm not getting a kick back . . . Uncle Gus

Harold Davis
08-22-2008, 05:01 PM
cool image!! i thought the background was money at first!! i know you will keep tweaking on it. cant wait to see what you cmoe up with!!

Gus Hallgren
08-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Just to show how easy it is to change when you save the finished PSD file before flattening . . Uncle Gus

Gus Cobos
08-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Uncle Gus,
You are an artist...:eek::D Thank you for the techs. This is very well done...:cool:

Bruce Gove
08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
That repost is Great Gus!!! You did exactly what Al suggested. Very nice & thanks for the processing tips :)

Bruce

Gus Hallgren
08-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Hi Folks . . .

Thanks for looking at efforts, however, Dali visted me in a turbulent dream last night & said I wasn't outrageous enough . . . So . . . "Outrageous to the MAX." . . . Uncle Gus :eek:

Harold Davis
08-23-2008, 07:13 PM
gus are you feeling OK? that is pretty wild!!!

Gus Hallgren
08-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi Harold:

In the pink, :o (Not embarrasment) and going out of composites with a bang! :D

I'm back with my favourites . . the birds!!

Thanks for all your support. You always make my day with your "on the money C&C's" !!

Keep smiling

Uncle Gus :)

Oscar Zangroniz
08-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Like the original post better Gus. Very original and well composed.
Congrats,