PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Great Horned Owls

Joanna Trescott
08-22-2008, 11:52 AM
The juvenile owls were perched on a house where the adults have been nesting the past few years. I took this last year and used a fill flash. All I remember is I used the 100-400 @ 400mm with Canon 10D. I cloned out some business in the background.

I heard that these were both juveniles hatched at different times.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Pretty cute little guys. I like the composition, eye contacts and BG. There are a few clone marks in the BG.

Laura Hughes
08-23-2008, 12:01 PM
I love how the little one is nestled next to it's sibling. Nice details and great eyes!

Julie Kenward
08-23-2008, 03:32 PM
That one on the left...he's got me laughing!!! They are both very well exposed and you really caught some personality in both of them. I would blur the BG a bit more to delete the little bit of noise and the clone marks in the URC. Wonderful image, Joanna!

Maxis Gamez
08-23-2008, 08:32 PM
What a cute pair. The cloning could be much better but thank you for sharing!

Glenda Simmons
08-23-2008, 11:09 PM
I love it! A precious capture showing personality with both the owls. Those eyes are so captivating. I'm new to photoshop editing, so I don't even see what the others are referring to about the cloning.

Joanna Trescott
08-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks everyone. Glad you liked the cross-eyed little one! Yes, I was a little sloppy on cloning out some distractions. Will be more careful next time!

Lana Hays
08-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Joanna
Well done with this pair. As others have stated.....a little more attention to the BG and cloning. This reminds me of an image of a younger and older pair of boys......with the little one making a silly face. There's as much humor in the youth of birds as there is in humans.

Gus Cobos
08-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Joanna,
This is a really beautifull capture and image. The eyes are sharp and the background compliments the pair...:cool: