PDA

View Full Version : Autumn in the Tetons

D. Robert Franz
12-29-2007, 09:25 AM
I photographed this scene from a much less visited section of the park looking for something different.

This was a 6 shot verticle stitch.

Canon 5D, 70-200mmF2.8

Maxis Gamez
12-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Speechless.

David Kennedy
12-29-2007, 01:16 PM
I photographed this scene from a much less visited section of the park looking for something different.

This was a 6 shot verticle stitch.

Canon 5D, 70-200mmF2.8

Where in the park?

As for the image, I'd say it's a great location and the colors, the sky, and the left and middle (horizontal) thirds of the image are great. On the right third of the image, because of the absense of trees like you have on the left, my eyes wander--or focus on the lone tree. There's just not enough there to hold my attention, so I keep coming back to the left where you have fall color and mountains, etc.

I would be inclined to crop away the right third of the image. However, if you were to do that, it would be even better if you had some extra spacing on the left between the edge of the frame and the trees in fall color. There's at least a chance you have some more of that, and that you cropped it away once the images were stitched together.

Jason Hahn
12-30-2007, 08:17 AM
Beautiful scene, it is always cool to see different views of areas that have been photographed heavily before. Great composition, the strong anchor of the autumn foliage in the left immediately grabs your eye and then leads you through the frame along the range. I would be inclined to agree with David and crop a bit off the right, probably ending right around the lone tree.

Jason

Robert Amoruso
12-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Very stunning. The crop suggestion by Jason is on the money IMO. Could moving around have placed more tree on the right side?

Jason Vaclavek
01-06-2008, 12:35 AM
This is beautiful. The clouds are awesome and I love the color in the trees.