PDA

View Full Version : ~ Key Deer ~

Sebastian Erras
08-20-2008, 11:54 AM
This little cute fellow came to visit me on my stay at the Key Deers at No Name Key in Mid July.

It was quite shy not as approachable as the other Key Deers.
I enjoyed my 2 weeks Trip to South Florida so much, although it was not quite the best period of the year for photography, but thanks to some members here I got very good information on some spots.

Rebel XTi - Sigma 500/4.5 - f4.5 - 1/125 - ISO400 - Tripod

Sabyasachi Patra
08-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Nice image. You got it at a relatively cleaner bg. I would reduce the saturation a bit. Thanks for sharing.

D. Robert Franz
08-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Very cute subject. A few bright branches in your BG but not to bad. BG i s not to busy. Well done.

Ed Cordes
08-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Really cute! I would use levels to darken the image a bit.

Jasper Doest
08-21-2008, 03:17 AM
Ow, lovely....I do agree that some of the branches in the BG are a bit dominant....but I love the way the deer is placed in that open spot.....with that bush on the right. Nice!

Robert Amoruso
08-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Sebastian,

Good looking image. I agree with two of the previous comments; desaturate it a bit and the highlights need to be toned down. For the highlights, select them with CTRL - ALT - ~ (tilde), copy to layer with CTRL - J, change the blending mode to Multiply, bring up the layer styles and using the Blend If sliders, click on each black slider holding down the alternate key. This allows you to slide the right black slider to the right (value I used was 233). Do this from both layers shown. THis limits the affect to the highlights.

I then did a Hue/Saturation adjustment and reduce saturation.
I did a Shadow/Highlight adjustment on a BG copy just using the mid-tone contrast slider to add mid-tone contrast.
I did a levels adjustment to lighten the image.

Tweak my adjustments around to make it better.

Sebastian Erras
08-23-2008, 02:20 AM
Thanks Robert for your help,

i just bought a new Macbook and i tried to calibrate the monitor with the Pantone Huey Pro but the results were not usable so i stick with the default settings for the moment.

Thanks eberyone for the comments

DanWalters
08-31-2008, 09:48 PM
Nice image. Like the comp and the soft light really brings out the colors.