PDA

View Full Version : Tern feeding a fledgling

Sivaprasad
08-20-2008, 03:00 AM
Forster's Tern feeding a fledgling,

Bay Area, California.

1) 40D, f/8, 1/800, ISO 200
http://www.birdsofthebay.com/img/v1/p488643639-4.jpg

The first one is cropped to show detail, the second and third are full frame shots. Your comments & critique are welcome. And thanks for looking.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-20-2008, 05:37 AM
Welcome to BPN, Sivaprasad! Very nice first post, please keep in mind only to post one image per post. I like the feeding action, details and exposure control. I wish the chick were facing you more. Keep them coming!

Alfred Forns
08-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Big Welcome !!!

I like tight crop and careful cutting not clipping !!!! Great captured behavior Would only lighten the chicks eye a bit Looking forward to many more.

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Welcome Sivaprasad. Great to have you here. Very nice interaction and timing. Agree with the above comments. Thanks for sharing and will look forward to your future posts.

Bob Malbon
08-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Sivaprasad, I like the crop and the chick's focus on the adult!!! Bob

Sivaprasad
08-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Welcome to BPN, Sivaprasad! Very nice first post, please keep in mind only to post one image per post. I like the feeding action, details and exposure control. I wish the chick were facing you more. Keep them coming!

Thanks Axel, I'll keep that in mind.

Big Welcome !!!

I like tight crop and careful cutting not clipping !!!! Great captured behavior Would only lighten the chicks eye a bit Looking forward to many more.

I agree I could tweak that a little bit. Thanks for the suggestion.

Judy and Bob, Thanks for your comments.

Sivaprasad
08-29-2008, 06:45 AM
Here is an updated version.. with smart sharpening, usm applied and a different crop with minor saturation adjustment. Plus cleaned up the droppings on the tree bark and tried to bring some more clarity around the eyes.

http://www.birdsofthebay.com/img/v1/p93983902-4.jpg