PDA

View Full Version : New Day Dawning

Bill McCrystyn
08-19-2008, 06:39 PM
D300 70-200VR 1.7X ISO800 F/4.8 1/60 EFL 435mm Hand Held Full Frame

Ebb and flow. The day after I shot this the bottom flower fell and the bud opened. Life is short, eat dessert first.

Gus Cobos
08-19-2008, 07:02 PM
I like the composition Bill,
Its well placed in frame, you have sharp details and very good color rendition in the flower...the soft dark blue background compliments your subject very well...:cool:

Ed Vatza
08-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Love the color and sharpness here, Bill. The flowers looks great and I like what the leaves and bud add to the composition.

Got to tell you a little story. A little while back I was out photographing some Moth Mullein. There were two flowers perfectly positioned on the tall stem. As I got set up and was looking at the pair of flowers through the viewfinder, one of the blooms just fell to ground. :( So I figured I would just shoot the single bloom. So I reset the position of the camera/tripod and noticed some dust on the petals. So I decided to try to blow it off. You guessed it. I blew on the flower and it fell to the ground. :o That was an Oh for...:(

Julie Kenward
08-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Bill, I think this is one of your best composed images yet. The lighting is lovely and the focus is great. I'm not sure, but I think you either have a touch of a blue color cast or else the flower is a little over saturated. You might try pulling back on the blue saturation in the leaves and adjust the amount of pink/fuschia in the petals. Or...could just be my monitor!

Really, really well done. You obviously saw a beautiful image and managed to capture it with your camera.

Bill McCrystyn
08-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Oh no - Please don't send me to out of the box :o I didn't mean it, it was just a little transgression, honest. Just kidding Julie. You have a good eye. Usually I like to have my still life pop, but this time I blended the flower to the background just a little for harmony. If you prefer - I guess, here is the real deal. ;)

Julie - the darkside is calling you..

Mike Moats
08-20-2008, 05:37 AM
Hey Bill, love the comp, and good sharp details. BG color works well with the subject.