PDA

View Full Version : Belly Button Floral

Joanna Trescott
08-19-2008, 05:46 PM
My first attempt at your tutorial (I got into the filters and added some other things, too)! I have never used filters other thab USM, so this is new territory for me. One thing I did learn is to keep track of what I'm doing in case I want to repeat -- I got lost in the filters!

Question: How do I get rid of line between "belly button" and blur?

Alfred Forns
08-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Getting lost in the filters is a good thing !!!! Particularly like the texture You are doing really well !!! Will wait for Jules !!!

Julie Kenward
08-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Joanna, I LOVE it! You did a great job! Those filters...they're addictive, I'm just warning you now. I'm not sure what you mean by the line between the blur and the flower - I certainly don't see any delineation. I think you could probably use the smudge tool or the blur tool on the left toolbar if you wanted to do a light mark between the two. Again...I think it looks great as is!

Want to keep track of your changes? Okay...here's a trick I learned. When you first open your image up, click on Edit/Preferences/General. There's a section at the bottom called 'History Log.' Make sure the first part is set on "text file" and then change the bottom drop down box to "detailed." Now, click on the button next to "text file" that says "choose" and that will pop up a box where you can save the text file. Put it wherever you prefer - I keep all my text files in a folder under my finished images. Change the file name at the bottom to the exact name of your image so you can go back and find it easily. Hit save.

Now you can play and do whatever and it will record every move you make! Try one and see! The only thing is really need to do it at the beginning to make sure you capture all the action so duplicate your file, click on the edit button, save the text file and work away. Any filters or changes that you make will be recorded in detail as a word document! It's a great way to go back and see what you did!

Joanna Trescott
08-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks for that tip, Jules. I will try that on the next one! I did some work with the Stamp tool; have never used smudge or blur. Another learning expereience for me! I am pulling up some shots to work on.. Watch for them.