PDA

View Full Version : blowing in the wind

Valerio Tarone
08-19-2008, 04:11 PM
one of my infinite trials of intentional blurring. mountain meadow I can't know the data I can imagine: 1/8 f8
Critiques welcome but I think I can do better

Ed Vatza
08-19-2008, 07:54 PM
I played with this approach on a very windy day a couple of weeks ago. I think it has a lot of potential and I like the direction in which you are headed here. Looks like a nice variety of flowers and the breeze caused just enough movement. I do think you could have gotten lower for a little better perspective (the top of the image looks a bit barren). And I think there is a need for some color to pop a little more.

Julie Kenward
08-19-2008, 09:47 PM
I like it but I feel this really belongs down in the OOTB forum because of the blur factor.

Overall, I think you did a really nice job on getting a distinctive feel to the image and the mix of colors are quite nice. I think it could use a little more contrast, pulling up the dark tones a bit more and crisping up the whites just a bit.

Really nice try! This definitely has potential!

Mike Moats
08-20-2008, 05:29 AM
Hey Valerio, when the wind blows, work with it. Has a nice Monet look. Like the combo of colors.

Valerio Tarone
08-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Yes, Mike, the first thing to do is the choice of the tipe and colors of the flowers. thank you

Arthur Morris
08-21-2008, 06:28 PM
I like it but I feel this really belongs down in the OOTB forum because of the blur factor. Overall, I think you did a really nice job on getting a distinctive feel to the image and the mix of colors are quite nice. I think it could use a little more contrast, pulling up the dark tones a bit more and crisping up the whites just a bit. Really nice try! This definitely has potential!

I think that either here or OOTB is fine; after all, they are flowers. :)

I like the framing and the degree of blurring but agree with Julie that contrast (and brightness) need to be increased.