PDA

View Full Version : Burrowing Owl

John Hawkins
01-12-2008, 11:44 AM
I captured this burrowing owl in my neighborhood.

Arthur Morris
01-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi John, After you captured it, did you let it go?

Seriously, great neighborhood. I moved your post to ETL so that it could receive more attention. The image looks sharp and the exposure is good, and I like that the subject is looking right at you. There are two main problems. 1: You cut off the poor little bird's feet. You could have easily avoided this by rotating your lens to vertical. BTW, please post the specs with your image: lens, camera, exposure and all the rest.. It helps us to help you. #2: The dark diagonal just above the bird's head is distracting. By exploring different perspectives, you can usually eliminate such distractions.

later and love, artie

Nonda Surratt
01-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi John!

What a neat bird and right in your neighborhood!Cool. Really like the eyes and color, I just love that great owl stare!

What I might be tempted to do with this photo is tidy up a bit,example would be the grass bit growing out of the owls left shoulder , the bit of green in front, leads my eye to the partially missing feet? Also possibly make the background at the top the green that is the rest of the BG.

Didn't see Art's post, sorry.

George DeCamp
01-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Hey John!!

That Artie is a comedian eh? :p

Can you repost this a little larger? You can go up to 800pixels on the long side. Artie is on the money, naturally since he wrote the book, if you like you can make the adjustments and repost. Looks like a really nice bird and agree Cape Coral is a neat place, I have visited a couple times.

Hope to see more.