PDA

View Full Version : juvenile Bee-eater

Lesley van Loo
08-19-2008, 02:43 PM
This juvenile Bee-eater was stretching and took this nice pose, full-frame, so nice and thight in the frame :-)

more on: www.ltdphoto.com (http://www.ltdphoto.com)

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Sweeet capture and lovely detail. Very interesting pose and great eye contact as well as beautiful color. I would like to have had a larger DOF to enable us to see the detail in the tail feathers and also a little more canvas at the bottom and top . How wonderful to hae seen a juevenile. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Daniel Cadieux
08-19-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm OK with the DOF, but I find it rather tight in the frame. Interesting pose with that squinting eye.

Doug Brown
08-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Great pose and detail here Lesley! The bird is somewhat tight in the frame. With regard to DOF, no amount of stopping down would have gotten the tail feathers in focus with the bird in this position. So I'm fine with the OOF feathers. This image was captured at f/8 BTW. Please try to include tech specs along with your images. Thanks for posting!

Jasper Doest
08-20-2008, 03:04 AM
Great oppertunity Lesley. You call it "nice and tight"....but I wish you would have left a bit more room around the subject....it is a bit too big in frame for comfort IMO. Perhaps you could post some technical details with your post, so that we all can see what equipment & exposure you used. I'd like to suggest a bit more DOF here.

Lesley van Loo
08-20-2008, 05:00 AM
thanks for your comments.

the bird was first sitting normally, so I had enough room around the bird, but when it suddenly started to stretch this came out, personally not to tight for me.

regarding to DOF it is exactly what Doug said: no amount of stopping down would have gotten the tail feathers in focus with the bird in this position. and I also didn't have so much shutterspeed that I could.

exif: iso 200, 1/200, F8

carole wiley
08-20-2008, 07:38 AM
Beautiful angle, pose, color and sharpness.

Jasper Doest
08-20-2008, 11:03 AM
thanks for your comments.

the bird was first sitting normally, so I had enough room around the bird, but when it suddenly started to stretch this came out, personally not to tight for me.

regarding to DOF it is exactly what Doug said: no amount of stopping down would have gotten the tail feathers in focus with the bird in this position. and I also didn't have so much shutterspeed that I could.

exif: iso 200, 1/200, F8

I wasn't talking about getting the tail feathers in focus....I''m not having problems with those being OOF.....it is just that you already start losing focus at the chest...which could be improved by closing down to f/11or f/16. I don't know what camera you have, but with modern equipment you can easily go to ISO400 without any problems (especially when you expose sightly towards the right...). That would have helped you getting more DOF without losing shutterspeed.

Vincent Grafhorst
08-20-2008, 01:10 PM
A bit too tight for me also Lesley, other than that I love it!