08-19-2008, 10:29 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3136/2777067909_a91a1dac8a_o.jpg

La Leche Shrine, St. Augustine, Florida

3 image HDR. -2, 0, +2
40d
24-105L @ 24mm
Auto ISO - ISO 200
f/11

Had to pick this particular angle because of the lens flare from the sun. Used viveza on the corners to balance the vignette created by the HDR process.

Douglas Bolt
08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Nice! Nice composition and beautiful clarity. I was not expecting to see HDR when I scrolled down for the data. And, that's a good thing.

It may also be a good thing you have your name showing in the lower left or else this image might just show up on the Internet in one of those inspirational slideshows with organ music in the background ;-)

Michael Pancier
08-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Nice! Nice composition and beautiful clarity. I was not expecting to see HDR when I scrolled down for the data. And, that's a good thing.

It may also be a good thing you have your name showing in the lower left or else this image might just show up on the Internet in one of those inspirational slideshows with organ music in the background ;-)

LOL

Let us Pray .....

Rocky Sharwell
08-20-2008, 07:08 AM
I like the image-the one thing that bothers me is the rust stain on the left edge of the bridge. I would consider getting rid of it by cloning or cropping...

Roman Kurywczak
08-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Hi Michael,
Very interesting composition. I'm not sure of the rust stain.........but I would be tempted to eliminate the pillar with a crop........eliminating both the post and pier of the bridge.......even further strenghtening the comp IMO. The brightest part of the sn looks a bit off on my monitor........but not enough to distract from the excellent comp.

Gus Cobos
08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Hi Michael,
I like this image very much. I like it as presented. Its very well exposed and the colors are rich and vibrant...:cool:

Robert Amoruso
08-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Michael,

I tried Roman's crop idea and like it makes it look more like a path to heaven the a concrete bridge by losing the support and have the span entering the frame unsupported.

The mode of the image is just right IMO. Well done.

Michael Pancier
08-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Michael,

I tried Roman's crop idea and like it makes it look more like a path to heaven the a concrete bridge by losing the support and have the span entering the frame unsupported.

The mode of the image is just right IMO. Well done.

Robert post the crop so I can get a look.

Julie Kenward
08-22-2008, 11:57 AM
This is really lovely, Michael. The only little suggestion I have would be to leave the entire reflection of the cross in the water...it looks like you just clipped it.

Gerald_Gilligan
08-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Michael,
I like the way that the bridge takes you over to the cross. The colors are great.
I would agree with the slight left crop to remove the support.
If you have the cross reflection it might add to the image...
This is really peaceful to me