PDA

View Full Version : Miami Moonrise, A City from other World

Alberto Oria
08-19-2008, 09:25 AM
This is my first post in this forum, I usually post in ETL and this one is a remake of of one that I already posted there.
Pentax K10 Kit lens 18-55 @24mm, ISO100, +.7EV, 25sec, cropped, desaturated, sharpened, curves.
Moon 300mm ,f 5.6,1/2000,ISO 400, Enlarged around 4X
Please C & C are very appreciated.

Michael Pancier
08-19-2008, 10:06 AM
nice city scape. the problem with these cut and paste images is that without adding the lighting and reflection that a moon rise would have, it looks unnatural. Using something like a flood filter here would help as it would create a reflection layer. My leaning would also to brighten the moon some. What you can do is create an archive of layer images such as a real moon over the ocean where you can then layer it into your final creation.

it's tricky. I've tried this image myself and have yet to master it.

Oscar Zangroniz
08-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Looks very impressive Alberto, fine PS work on your part.
Regards,

Alberto Oria
08-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Michael thank you for the C&C. I didn't realize how many details were didn't match up, but:) I tried out the flood light and the other recommendations. I'm not sure if I did it right but I do like it more now.

Harold Davis
08-19-2008, 01:35 PM
that's quite impressive, alberto!! i think the repost is a lot more realistic. however, i did like the brightness of the moon in the first pic. would try to tone it down a little in the repost along with the flooded light.

you could enter it into the motif in the ETL forums for multiple images!!!

Oscar Zangroniz
08-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Awesome Albert. Much better, Michael was 100% correct.
Congrats

Julie Kenward
08-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Really really nice. First, let me just say that the black and white version is to die for. Fantastic! As for the moon...my instinct was to get it up closer to the top of the buildings - almost double it in size. Not sure if my instinct is right as I've never tried to do this but the moon looks like it's sitting just a little low to be real. I'd blow it up a bit and raise it up a bit and see if it doesn't just POP!

Alberto Oria
08-19-2008, 08:46 PM
:)Let me see if I got it, I am having so much fun at the same time learning different views:D
In this case the reflexion and the moon position are changed again

Dave Phillips
08-19-2008, 08:49 PM
I really like the idea here, has a lot of options and potential. Reference was made to reflections, the moon would also reflect. I selected the skyline, pasted back on new layer at 35% opacity and flipped vertically.

just another option

Alberto Oria
08-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Even better:)

Michael Pancier
08-19-2008, 10:10 PM
here's my attempt ;)

I used flaming pear flood to create a reflective layer. I reduced opacity. I then used viveza on the moon and sharpened

Noel Carboni
08-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Pretty cool idea, and a nice job with the original and the reworks. Keep at it, you'll get the magic combination.

By the way, that would be a moonset. To see the city from across the bay you'd have to be looking west. :)

-Noel

Richard Waas
08-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Way to go Alberrrrrto. (Have to roll those R's). I love the idea!

Grady Weed
08-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Michael's last re-post is near perfect. i might add it looks to need a CCW rotation ever so slightly. I really think this is a nice image, and I usually do not like this sort of image manipulation either! This is a great out of the box thinking here. Keep at it.