PDA

View Full Version : Langur Monkeys, Bandhavgarh, India

ajay
01-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Untouched but for resizing. Comments on editing welcome.

ajay
01-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Not sure why the noise is so prominent when decreasing the sixe?
Nikon D200 w/400 2.8 AF I

Stephen Stephen
01-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Ajay I like the pose of thee two but it's a shame that their tails were cut off. The noise may be caused by the small size of your file (<75 KB), Try saving it again with less compression to make the file a bigger size like 130-140KB.

ajay
01-13-2008, 05:02 AM
Ajay I like the pose of thee two but it's a shame that their tails were cut off. The noise may be caused by the small size of your file (<75 KB), Try saving it again with less compression to make the file a bigger size like 130-140KB.

Stephen, These monkeys are notorious for very long tails which are almost impossible to frame as they never coil it. Shooting from a Jeep on a mounted lens with restrictions to stay on path have cost me a lot of pictures but I am still grateful to get what I can with all these beautiful creatures. I'll try to reduce compression as well.

D. Robert Franz
01-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Having photographed langurs in Indonesia I understand the frustration with including the tails in your comp. To do so changes the entire feel of the image so I can live with the cropping. The positioning of the langurs in the image is great and you find yourself thinking about what they're up to. Your BG is a bit bright and busy but at least softens by by your shallow DOF.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-15-2008, 05:58 AM
Ajay, what time of the day did you shoot these langurs? I can't understand the colour of the Langurs, especially the green tint. The lighting appears to be when the sun is already up. What was the ISO? WB?