PDA

View Full Version : Cottonwoods

Mike Moats
08-19-2008, 06:23 AM
Not sure if I posted this in the past. This is a favorite little pond I shoot in the fall, as it always has some nice combinations of floating leaves, usually cottonwoods.

Fuji S2, Sigma 180 macro, f32

I would also like to invite you all to a new blog, Macro & More. I am working with good friend, and excellent photograspher Jack Graham that will cover marco and more topics and tips. www.macroandmore.com (http://www.macroandmore.com)

Ed Vatza
08-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Good Morning Mike,

I don't recall seeing this image before. I think it is a beautiful image communicating a sense of peace and tranquility. I think the colors looks great, the image is sharp but it is really the composition that takes this image over the top. The way the water copies the shape of the leaf in the center is just outstanding.

You know... you just might have a future in this photography thing! ;):D

And I've bookmarked your new blog!

Julie Kenward
08-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Now you've gone and done it...summer, you're out of here! Bring on the autumn leaves!!!

It's gorgeous. Ed's right...it's that water pool in the middle of the one leaf that just makes this image special. Wonderfully seen and composed. I believe Ed's also right that this whole "photography thing" might just work out for you. :D;):D

Gus Cobos
08-19-2008, 03:34 PM
A good balanced composition Mike. I like the natural tracing of the water around the leaves. The combination of colors sets this apart. Very well done congrats...:cool:

Mike Moats
08-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks for comments. and yes Jules I can't wait till fall comes.:)

Bruce Murden
08-20-2008, 04:00 PM
I can tell Mike is bored of the Summer Green Season. But don't worry -- another week without rain and we'll be well into the Summer Brown Season!

Oh, and the critique: What a fine puddle on the center leaf.