PDA

View Full Version : Pink Gills

John Cooper
08-19-2008, 05:50 AM
Back after several weeks of baby sitting!! The truth be known I've been spending too much time on the PC and not enough time out in the field with the camera :(

Canon EOS 3, Canon 100mm macro, flash x2 (dark rainforest), ISO 100, F22, Tripod.

Ed Vatza
08-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Hey, welcome back John. I was wondering where you got to. It seemed that you dropped off the face of the earth quite suddenly. Glad you're back.

And you are picking up where you left off with some beautiful images, compositions and perspectives. The gills look great here. Very clean, very sharp. I like the lighting on the main subject and would kind of like to see similar light in the second. The background also seems to complement the fungus well. Very nice image.

Julie Kenward
08-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Welcome back, John! I, too, was wondering where the 'mushroom man' went! So glad to have you back.

The lighting on the larger mushroom is exquisite! It would be nice to have had it mirrored on the second mushroom as well but it certainly doesn't break the image. The cool greens with the warm tones of the mushrooms is really nice. Great image!!!

Anita Rakestraw
08-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Very nice, great lighting and composition. It would be nice to have that lighting on the 2nd mushroom, but on the other hand, maybe the contrast between the two is nice too.