PDA

View Full Version : Joshua Tree twilight

Judd Patterson
08-18-2008, 11:22 PM
http://www.juddpatterson.com/BPN/joshua_tree2.jpg

Joshua Tree National Park (California)
Canon 5D, 17-40mm @ 24mm
f/5.6, ISO 200, 135 seconds

After a conference I had 36 hours to work with in Joshua Tree NP. It was a blast even if I did stagger into work on Monday with 1 hour of sleep! Scene painted with multiple flash bursts.

Robert Amoruso
08-19-2008, 06:45 AM
I like how this came out Judd. My attempts in 2007 trip were not as successful. Good placement of the trees though I might have tried walking left to get the two large ones merging on the left further apart. Glow on the horizon and blue of the sky are fantastic.

Roman Kurywczak
08-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Hey Judd,
the multiple flash firing did work very well. You did not get very strong overlap which is the most difficult to control. You show a nice scale to the image overall, with the receding trees.........and agree the merge could have been better.....but it is not bothersome enough to take away from the wonderful composition. It would have been neat to see what happened here with a really log exposure also........I'm kind of hoping you have one!

Noel Carboni
08-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Multiple flash bursts, eh? Pretty cool idea! It certainly doesn't look lit by any "normal" means, and I mean that in a good way.

Nicely done overall, though I think I'd like to see the foreground trees, etc. just a litte less brightly lit. Perhaps it's the astronomer in me wanting to turn out the lights so I can see the stars better. :)

-Noel

Gus Cobos
08-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Hey Judd,
This is one fine image. I like the composition and the deep rich colors. It looks like a post card...congrats...:cool:

Grady Weed
08-22-2008, 06:41 PM
I have always wanted to see the Joshua Tree Park. This image just wets my appetite. Good use of flash and nice blues.