PDA

View Full Version : Key Deer

Judd Patterson
08-18-2008, 11:12 PM
http://www.juddpatterson.com/BPN/key_deer2.jpg

Backing off a bit from the extreme close-up Key Deer portrait that I posted a couple weeks ago...here is another endangered Odocoileus virginianus clavium in the Florida Keys. I wanted to show a little native Florida habitat.

Canon 5D, 70-200mm @ 115mm
1/100, f/5.6, ISO 800, flash

Jasper Doest
08-19-2008, 05:14 AM
I really like these short focal lenght wildlife photographs.....and this is no exception. I only wonder if this wouldn't have been nicer at a lower angle. Also I'm not a big fan of the fill-flash... it looks a bit unnatural to me.

Jeroentje
08-19-2008, 06:07 AM
perhaps an athor angel

Robert Amoruso
08-19-2008, 06:51 AM
Judd,

I like the deer's look and inclusion of the habitat great. The flash is not objectionable to me but noticeable to the trained eye. I would have preferred not seeing the grass over the butt pointing at the ear.

Alfred Forns
08-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi Judd I like it a lot !!!

I think if you darken the corners a bit the eye will be drawn to the center and will make the fill flash more natural !!! Love them little guys !!!

Judd Patterson
08-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I seldom use flash, but had to give it a try to pull anything off in these conditions (it was nearly dark). Believe it or not I was on my knees and actually crouching lower when I took this image...they are just so short. I'll try to get even lower next time.

Cindy Crawford
08-20-2008, 07:40 AM
This little guy has a priceless expression and stance- I could see an article in "Ranger Rick" about it with this photo. :cool::cool:

Next time I guess you'll have to lie on the ground if you want a lower angle of view!! :eek: This one looks fine to me.:)

Cindy

Thanks for the suggestions. I seldom use flash, but had to give it a try to pull anything off in these conditions (it was nearly dark). Believe it or not I was on my knees and actually crouching lower when I took this image...they are just so short. I'll try to get even lower next time.

D. Robert Franz
08-20-2008, 08:07 AM
I lile the show of habitat might have liked a lower shooting angle. Overall very nice...