PDA

View Full Version : Altamira Yellowthroat

Fernando Cerra
08-18-2008, 09:47 PM
http://www.birdsandpictures.com/IMAGES/Para_Compartir/080809_030_A_Yellowthroat.jpg

This is not a great photo, but I´m happy for now, it was tough to get.
Canon 30D, Canon 400mm f5.6 1/250sec
Ejido El Azteca, near El Cielo reserve Tamaulipas Mexico

Desmond Chan
08-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Hmmm...the leave in the background that looks like it's touching the head of the bird may be better if it were not there. The couple of leaves in the foreground don't seem to help the final image, too. Then the head geometry may also be an issue. The bird in this image looks like it could use some sharpening.

Yeah, small birds like to hide from us somehow.

Anyway, I, too, would like to hear what the more experienced say.

Lance Peters
08-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Like the open beak, and exposure looks O.K.

Agree with desmond - main problems for me are the branches and leaves that are obsuring the bird. HA is also not ideal - although I gess you could argue that it is a habitat shot.
The bright area's in the BG are also a little distracting - you could tone these down in P.S.

Little birds = lots of patience.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-19-2008, 06:19 AM
I like the singing pose and exposure control. The leaf in the foreground has been mentioned. I also wish for more eye contact and wish the angle were less steep. You could try to selectively sharpen the head some more. Thanks for sharing!

Maxis Gamez
08-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Besides everything mentioned, I would like to see it with more sharpening.

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Beautiful bird and love the singing pose but find the picture overall a tad soft and the OOf leaf in front a bit distractiong. Many thanks for sharing.