PDA

View Full Version : Hand of Man...

Mike Fuhr
08-18-2008, 07:06 PM
I took this photo of my nephew as he befriended this butterfly a few weeks ago. After a small crop and some sharpening, I really started to like this one. Would have preferred the butterfly face me and smile, but he didn't listen...

Nikon D50
100-300mm F4
300mm
F5
1/1250
ISO 400
Handheld

Thanks,

Mike

Gus Cobos
08-18-2008, 07:40 PM
A good composition Mike,
I like this very much. Its different but bold and effective...good show...:cool:

Bill McCrystyn
08-18-2008, 08:31 PM
There is a certain appeal to this one. It would make a good stock shot for someone. Clean his fingernails. :)

Julie Kenward
08-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Okay, Mike, you've made me go and dig out my "boy and the butterfly" image as well. There's just something about little boys and dirty fingernails, isn't there? Who could resist!

Yours has a more intimate feel to it than mine but they both inspire childhood wonder, don't they? I can almost see the smile on your little one's face. It's a delightful image! You might try darkening down everything in the BG and just have the hand extending towards the viewer...that might make it even more impactful!

Ed Vatza
08-19-2008, 05:13 AM
Very interesting image, Mike. It had a very nice, delicate touch to it. I have many images of my wife hand-feeding birds but no buttreflies. I like it.

Mike Fuhr
08-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Okay, Mike, you've made me go and dig out my "boy and the butterfly" image as well. There's just something about little boys and dirty fingernails, isn't there? Who could resist!

Yours has a more intimate feel to it than mine but they both inspire childhood wonder, don't they? I can almost see the smile on your little one's face. It's a delightful image! You might try darkening down everything in the BG and just have the hand extending towards the viewer...that might make it even more impactful!

Wow -- those are some serious friends! What kind of bf are they?

I loved the comment about the fingernails!:D