PDA

View Full Version : European Grey Wolves

Austin Thomas
01-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Hi all,

Here is one taken at a Wildlife Park in Scotland.

500mm, f5.6, 1/400 ISO 400

The clump of grass bottom left worries me but I think the image loses shape if I crop it out.

What do you like or dislike about this one?

Thanks for your feedback.

Austin

Chris Starbuck
01-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Austin,
Beautiful wolves! Great alert posture in both. I like their placement in the frame, and the nicely muted background. The few OOF blades of grass at lower left don't really bother me, but I know such things do distract some folks. I think slightly darkening that area, or burning just the highlights, would make them less noticeable.
Chris

Steve Foss
01-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Excellent pose and composition. Exposure spot on, and that BG is great. Clearly a valuable addition to the portfolio, Austin. The single fat oof foreground grass stalk (farthest to the left and extending up into the BG) does bother me. If it bothers you and is within your ethical boundaries, it's an easy fix.

Eleanor Kee Wellman
01-13-2008, 09:22 AM
I like your composition and the detail of the wolves! Good colour and exposure, too! My suggestion for the LL is to use your eyedropper and select a medium green from the area and go over the bright blades with a soft brush at about 15%. It will darken the blades but not remove them.

Eleanor

D. Robert Franz
01-13-2008, 09:55 AM
This a well composed image with lovely colors and fine subjects I like the placement of the wolves and the strong diagonal line they form. Good use of DOF to get both wolves sharp and yet the BG goes soft. A few small problems have been addressed.

Jasper Doest
01-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Having photographed at this location myselve, I know it isn't easy to get away with a nice photograph here. I think you've done an excellent job (knowing the circumstances). The OOF grass has been already mentioned....alos some more virtual space at the bottom would have helped. I really like it how the two of them stare through the frame. A strong composition (besides the lack of legspace)...good thinking.

Del Cockroft
01-18-2008, 12:30 PM
This is a stunning image. The exposure and detail are spot on. A clean picture of two superb looking animals.