PDA

View Full Version : un-Solitary Sandpipers in habitat

Daniel Cadieux
08-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Today I got my first decent images of this species. One of them landed quite close without seeing me hiding behind the bushes and I managed some good uncluttered images. However I really liked this one even if they are small in the frame for two reasons: 1) there are two of them thus contradicting it's name;), 2) this really shows what type of environment one is likely to encounter the Solitary Sandpiper...not at all a beach-dwelling "shorebird" :cool: Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but I thought interesting to share nonetheless...

Canon 40D + 100-400L @400mm, AV mode, 1/1600s., f/7.1, ISO 400, no EC, handheld.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/dancad/tn_SolitarySandpiper_8356-01.jpg

Dave Phillips
08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
I really like this one....the dragonfly makes the image come together nicely.
Might be tempted to sharpen that df a bit

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Very lovely composition Daniel and great they you were able to capture them both with similar pose. Well done with great timing. Like it a lot.

Joe Senzatimore
08-18-2008, 06:51 AM
Comp. is fine as is the size of the birds for this habitat shot. I might just tone down the BG a bit as I find it kind of bright and over-powering.

Jim Fenton
08-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Daniel...

I love environmental shots and this one is excellent.

The light appears to have failry intense in the direction you were shooting and I'm not convinced that things would appear natural if you were to tone down / darken the greens in the background.

I kinda like it just the way it is.

Steve Canuel
08-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi Daniel,
I like this one. Makes me feel like I'm wading through the marsh myself. I like the staggered poses. BG is maybe a little bright.
Steve