PDA

View Full Version : Wind Blown Greeny

bill kominsky
08-17-2008, 08:18 PM
I was lucky with this Green Back Heron, that's until the wind came up and created this image, patience,priceless.

Doug Brown
08-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Hi Bill! I guess this counts as your first post since your snail kite never materialized. It's a different look at a Green Heron, and I like the blowing feathers. Also like the BG. The DOF is what gets you with this image. You photographed the bird with a wide open aperture (BTW please post your tech specs along with your images). With a profile it may have been sufficient DOF, but with the bird pointing its head towards you, you weren't able to pull it off. It appears that the camera focused on the body, and the head isn't quite sharp. Some selective sharpening may help, but I would suggest stopping down a bit. Look forward to more of your photos. Thanks for posting!

Tony Whitehead
08-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Heaps of character in this Bill. Agree with Doug re DOF, image would be stronger if eye was sharp. Not sure about that perch - even though it suits the colour palette of the image it looks like rusty metal and the tip looks blurred as though a feathered patch has been put over it. Great Background.

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Wow Bill this is hilarious !!! Love the action you captured in this image and the excellent feather detail and color. I agree with Doug's comments and excellent suggestions. Look forward to seeing more and many thanks for posting.

bill kominsky
08-18-2008, 04:22 AM
Thank you so much for taking the time for your comment it is so greatly appreciated.

Bill

P.S. New to the site and do not navigate to well and still having issues, and still do not know why my Kite didn't make it, but will try again.

Daniel Cadieux
08-18-2008, 05:02 AM
Welcome to BPN Bill, quite a fun image!! Agree with others...critical focus is on body hence the eye suffers. Love the pose and ruffled featehrs :-)

P.S. the metal perch makes this image a candidate for the "Hand of Man" forum, which is why I have moved it here...

Looking forward to more!!

bill kominsky
08-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Wow Bill this is hilarious !!! Love the action you captured in this image and the excellent feather detail and color. I agree with Doug's comments and excellent suggestions. Look forward to seeing more and many thanks for posting.

Hi Judy...Having to many problems navigating this site and don't think that I will be doing much her in the future. Somebody moved this image because of the metal R-Bar to the Hand of Man which I finally found, thank you for all your help and hope to see you soon in the wild, regards to Gary.

Alfred Forns
08-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Bill you only need to ask if you are having problems. The site is very easy to navigate.

A moderator moved your image because it was in the wrong gallery. Very clear cut .... images with hand of man do not go in the wild and free. Sorry if you don't like that we make a distinction but it serves a purpose.

Lana Hays
08-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Bill
I like the wind blown look......something different. Wonderful colors and a complimentary BG. A little more DOF would have been a real plus with this one. Don't give up posting......we all had to go through some trial and error to get it figured out.