PDA

View Full Version : Blue Morpho

Julie Kenward
08-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Taken at this year's "Butterfly Festival" - it's the big and beautiful Blue Morpho butterfly.

Canon 40D, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
F4 @ 1/100th, ISO 250
AWB, Center weighted metering
Handheld, Natural lighting from indoor conservatory
Processed in Camera Raw and Viveza plug-in.

Ed Vatza
08-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Hi Jules,

First off, congrats on being named moderator on this board.

I like the butterfly a lot and also like the way the background seems to complement the color in the butterfly. the perch is good but I wish the butterfly was turned around and facing into the frame instead of out.

Fabs Forns
08-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Lovely detail on those wings. Agree I'd like he Bfly more to the left of the frame.

Julie Kenward
08-18-2008, 12:11 AM
Yes, I would have liked him left in the frame also! This was taken inside the botanical garden's conservatory and there were about 100 people in the same vicinity so this was the best I could get!

Aristotle Georgiou
08-18-2008, 06:19 AM
Great looking BF you've captured Julie. You have excellent detail, great DOF and love the BG colour really complements the whole image.

Well done!

Mike Moats
08-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Hey Julie, great details on that beautiful wing, and BG works well.

Gus Cobos
08-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Hi Julie,
I like it as presented, you have a killer blue background; and the details on the wings of your butterfly are in check...good show. Some times when we compose in camera, we try to do the most possible in getting the near to perfect image; but at times it just does not come out the way we want it to, due to sundry elements that are out of our control. I think this is the case here. (the people around you when you took the shot)...:D

You did good...congrats my hat off to you...:cool:

Amy DeStefanis
08-18-2008, 06:50 PM
There's head-angle police for butterflies???? :eek:

We have a local nursery with a butterfly enclosure - I'll have to go check it out. You've inspired me!

Amy

Julie Kenward
08-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Yeah! I thought the HAP only hung out in the ETL forum! What's with that??? :D:):D