PDA

View Full Version : Red-tailed in Flight

Raymond Barlow
08-17-2008, 02:45 AM
Bronte Creek Provincial Park, Oakville, Ontario, Canada D300 / 200-400 VR
1/2000s f/5.6 at 400.0mm iso250
hand held, natural light, 70% of full frame
no bait.

another nice surprise while digging through the old files.

Raymond Barlow
08-17-2008, 02:53 AM
I am not sure why, but the image is see on my screen has been re-sized from 800 wide to something larger., anyone know why?

Raymond Barlow
08-17-2008, 02:57 AM
I am not sure why, but the image is see on my screen has been re-sized from 800 wide to something larger., anyone know why?

for a proper view of the image, you may click here..

http://www.pbase.com/raymondjbarlow/image/101763547

Doug Brown
08-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Hi Raymond! It's displaying as 800 pixels on my monitor. Like the wing position, sharpness, and eye contact. I would increase the contrast and perhaps the saturation a bit to give the image a little more pop. Thanks for posting!

Axel Hildebrandt
08-17-2008, 08:34 AM
It's 800 on my monitor, too. I like the wing position, light and BG and might selectively sharpen the head a bit more.

Alfred Forns
08-17-2008, 09:51 AM
On your link the image has much better contrast Not sure why the difference? Very appealing image !!

James Salywoda
08-17-2008, 11:30 AM
I like the clouds and sky combination and the wing position alittle more of a head turn would be nice but still a wonderful shot....

Raymond Barlow
08-17-2008, 01:12 PM
thanks everyone..

it must be a setting on this lap[top., it looks fine on my second laptop.,... I need to use a scroll bar at the bottom to see all of the image.

any suggestions? I am using firefox for a browser.

Fabs Forns
08-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey Ray, we are ready to open the "club of mutual admiration" :)

Nicely done and the clouds really add a nice touch, congrats!

john crookes
08-17-2008, 05:41 PM
I believe the difference between the one posted here and the one online at pbase is the fact that the surrounding area in pbase is a dark neutral color and the surround background here is white which reduces the appearence or vibrance of colors even though there is no real difference when you open both images in photoshop and layer them

john

here is a repost that is surrounded by black and should make it appear brighter to the eye

Raymond Barlow
08-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey Ray, we are ready to open the "club of mutual admiration" :)

Nicely done and the clouds really add a nice touch, congrats!

Well, I sure do admire your skills Fabs, I always look at your images with a smile on my face., your images are so inspiring., thanks so much for the very kind comments.

Raymond Barlow
08-17-2008, 08:35 PM
I believe the difference between the one posted here and the one online at pbase is the fact that the surrounding area in pbase is a dark neutral color and the surround background here is white which reduces the appearence or vibrance of colors even though there is no real difference when you open both images in photoshop and layer them

john

here is a repost that is surrounded by black and should make it appear brighter to the eye

true enough John., my problem is some setting on my laptop here, I am sure... I shouldn't need to yous a horizontal scroll bar to view an 800 wide image post in here, when my monitor is set to 1280 wide... it is lots of fun setting up a new computer!

edit

Also, I just opened this site in IE, and everything looks fine.

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Awesoime flight image Raymond and I love the forward wing position in this capture. Great eye contact too. Good comments from above. Many thanks for sharing this !!!

Jim Fenton
08-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Ray...

I am likely in the minority here, but the ever so slight head turn away and the ever so slighly OOF head just doesn't work.

Just my 2 cents.