PDA

View Full Version : Evil Eye

Steve Large
08-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Hello Everyone,
Here is another one taken from the series shot earlier in the week. Some people had mentioned that the background looked strange so I did some cloning work to try to calm down the hotspots a bit.

Canon 20D (ISO 800)
500mm, F/8, 1/60 sec.

Thanks for looking,

Steve L.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-17-2008, 08:32 AM
I like the intense look and it shows how well-camouflaged they are. I would give it more room.

Alfred Forns
08-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Agree on the extra room Will make a difference !!! Could also increase contrast in the bird's feathers a bit

Steve Canuel
08-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi Steve,
The look from this one is a good example of why some cultures consider them bad omens. BG looks better. Interesting to note the differences in color. I did notice that your owls are darker. The ones I used to find in New Mexico were similar to yours but more of a lighter gray.

Markus Jais
08-17-2008, 02:52 PM
The look of the owl is amazing. Great shot. Maybe you could blur the branch in the BG to the right a little.

Markus

Fabs Forns
08-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Wonderful capture if a bit tight. Love the eye contact and feather detail. Thanks for sharing it!

Steve Large
08-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your comments. These guys have been hanging around pretty steady lately just up the road from where I live at a place called "Neck Point". They are getting to know me and my big lens now and actually will screech at me if I walk by and not take the time to stop and talk. Most people don't even know that they are there as they are usually pretty quiet during the day,
I made the shot tight to try to restrict the distracting background which was full of hot spots.

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Beautifully captured and excellent detail. You gotta love those wonderful eyes. Thanks for sharing Steve !!!