PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Sun Orchid

Nicole Brooker
01-12-2008, 02:51 AM
Aside from birds, my other passion as far as photography goes is orchids. Australia has more than 1300 different species of orchids. Last year I spent a lot of time trying to find orchids in my home state of Victoria where we have close to 400 species. The flowers of sun orchids general only open in warm humid weather.

D200, 180 macro, 1/160, f9, R1 close-up flash

http://www.oznaturephotos.com/picture_library/SalmonSunOrchid01.jpg

Alfred Forns
01-12-2008, 07:19 AM
Stunning image Nicole !!!!! Love everything about it !!! Just elegant I know orchids are addictive Big Time Congrats !!!!

Fabs Forns
01-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi NIcole,

Agree on the elegance of the presentation. If this were mine, I'd take a bit off the left to accentuate the orientation to the right of the bud. Lovely background, and exposure is right on.

Can't wait to see the rest of your orchid collection!

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-12-2008, 01:24 PM
The lighting is superb and so is the BG Nicole. Very beautifully captured and I echo Fabs comment about cropping a little on the left but gorgeous as presented.

Robert O'Toole
01-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi Nicole,

Very nice I love it.
Thanks for the details, I have been to Oz in the past and I was unaware of the orchid facts.

To me the only thing I would think of changing, a fine point, is to level the petals, this would straighten the stalk. The orchid seems like it is leaning to the left slightly.

Robert

Mike Moats
01-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Hey Nicole, very well done on this image. I love the color and nice sharp details. Perfect light and BG works well. At first I thought maybe a tighter crop, but the more I view it, I like it as is.

Gerald Kelberg
01-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Wonderful image! Thoughtfully presented.
I wouldn't straighten the stem. To my eye, the slight angel offsets the angle of the bud in the background.

Gerald