PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for FAY!

Rene A
08-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Looks like Fay may plan a full hit towards Charlotte Harbor ..Punta Gorda or near it again! as of now! Gotta get shudders up ..fill up the tank with gas take my photo gear insurance papers & check book & start running !

See you after it's over!

Renate

Alfred Forns
08-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Just checked the track and seems aimed toward you area Still early to tell what is going on but would get prepared Beat of luck !!!

Michael Pancier
08-16-2008, 08:53 PM
lookin like more towards tampa bay and James. Hope it misses the state.

Rocky Sharwell
08-17-2008, 11:17 AM
I got some extra water and peanut butter at target this am--more crowded with back to school shoppers than hurricane shoppers...

Alfred Forns
08-17-2008, 11:23 AM
.... glad you are well prepared Rocky !! Our local tv channels are going crazy !! Haven't been out today but sure there are lots of lines !!! .... the one thing there have been no word .... baby wipes !!!

Harold Davis
08-17-2008, 11:40 AM
i wish the best for everybody!! maybe it will go over cuba and just fizzle out completely!!

Rene A
08-17-2008, 11:52 AM
lookin like more towards tampa bay and James. Hope it misses the state.

Charley in 2004 was suppose to go there but decide to us a visit instead!!

Just got back from W Palm Beach via Clewiston route 80 /31 and saw lots of birds...which we normal see around end of September....they must have a build in hurricane radar:)

We are closing the house and drive back to W>Plam in the morning unless the Fay makes a turn in East direction. At 10 mph winds here In Punta Gorda the power is out "for days" plus the city does not have backup generators for their sump pumps..Yep...!They have learned nothing from Charley..except they build for themselfs a 25 mill huriccane center!

Renate

Maxis Gamez
08-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Close to where I live.... :(

Amy DeStefanis
08-17-2008, 12:51 PM
We're keeping a lookout - we're east of I-75, so fairly well inland. We figure if a Cat 4 were to come up Tampa Bay, like they thought Charlie would, we'll have waterfront property after all! I'll be getting the big Pelican cases out to put my gear in....

Best Wishes for an uneventful week, everyone.

:)

Amy D.

Rocky Sharwell
08-18-2008, 06:05 AM
Charley was a real eye opener for me--We had the day off to prepare. I was already set so I went out birding--at lunch all of a sudden it is a Cat 4 storm and the dotted line is going through Lakeland. I made out ok but several friends had total losses.

I lost power for a week each in the next two storms though...Never got a clear explanation as to why the power bill didnt go down....

Rocky Sharwell
08-18-2008, 06:35 AM
One thing I did in 2004 was to take the disks out of the desktop--and out then into the dishwasher along with my hear. It is in the most secure spot on the house and waterproof, I am not sure if I will do that yet this time....

Alfred Forns
08-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Looks like its heading for the Naples area !!!

Rocky Sharwell
08-19-2008, 05:52 AM
Landfall just south of Marco Island.....

Alfred Forns
08-19-2008, 07:51 AM
That sure took a turn !!!!!!!!!! Best not to guess the path !!!!! Glad it did not strengthen !!!!

Rocky Sharwell
08-19-2008, 08:12 AM
I actually went to work today even though the building is closed to the public--Nice and quiet with no phones ringing so hopefully I will get a lot done....

Amy DeStefanis
08-23-2008, 08:22 PM
One thing I did in 2004 was to take the disks out of the desktop--and out then into the dishwasher along with my hear. It is in the most secure spot on the house and waterproof, I am not sure if I will do that yet this time....

The dishwasher! Now that's one I would not have even thought of! Good idea! Like a waterproof safe! (just don't forget, and start a cycle).

Looks like Tampa Bay had its protective shields up - it's the only spot in Florida that didn't actually get soaked!

Well, we're prepared for the next one - the shutters are either up or at the ready.

Amy D.