PDA

View Full Version : Swallowtail

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Taken today at Loxhatchee. They are not seen too frequently there so we were pleased to have the opportunity to photograph them.

Nikon 300 F$
ISO 320
1/500 . F7.1
manual

All comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Kaushik Balakumar
08-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Focus seems to have locked on the flowers in the front instead of the butterfly (as the butterfly seems a bit soft). I wish the body & head were sharp. BUT this sort of works with me b'coz, the blurred appearance in the wings gives a painting-like feel to it. Wondering if u could also clone out the right most blade of grass since it is clipped half way & does not offer much to the composition. (Personal opinion though)

Fabs Forns
08-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Beautifully composed, Judy, the ST really cooperated. It will be easy to mask the sharpening away from the flower and do another round to the Bfly to equalize the small focus issue.
It was great to see you this morning!

Julie Kenward
08-16-2008, 03:40 PM
I absolutely agree. Get that butterfly a tad bit sharper (especially the eye) and this will be a win/win. Beautifully done!

Gus Cobos
08-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi Julie,
I like your capture. Agree with the focal point issue. I modified your image slightly. Hope you like it. I cloned out the stem to the far right of the frame and cloned out the shadow on the leaf... I lightened the background just a tad, increased contrast and sprinkled sharpening...:cool:

Aristotle Georgiou
08-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Nice capture Judy, I really like the composition, colour and perch. All nits have been mentioned and like what Gus has done.

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks for commenting Gus. Nice work in the repost.