PDA

View Full Version : Russian Market

Alfred Forns
08-15-2008, 08:21 AM
An outdoor market in one of the stops along the Volga river. Lots of these around in every town all very photogenic but difficult to photograph.
Leica M6

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Michael Pancier
08-15-2008, 09:55 AM
wow. what type of lens did you use on this Al? a 1.2 or 1.4? this is fantastic .. Nat Geo quality stuff here. I'd be tempted to burn the bright spot above the old lady's head a bit. I'm surprised you haven't said the heck with it and picked up the digital leica to use all that leica glass (assuming you still have it).

Alfred Forns
08-15-2008, 10:55 AM
HI Mike The new digital Leica is not the same ... it has a crop factor which kills the lenses.

What I like best about it was the fast focusing for candid images. You do have to stay on top of it using it all the time. btw don't remember which lens I used but seems to be the 50 summicron. Normally I would go to a wider lens for the dof. All carried in a little Domke F6.

Ed Cordes
08-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Wonderful colors and detail. The expression on the old lady in the center is contrasted well by the movement depicted by the other people. BG is great as well.

Gerald_Gilligan
08-16-2008, 01:21 AM
Al,
What a great image, I keep staring at all of the different stories unfolding in this photo.

First, the lady with the knife...

Second, the main character, a lady contemplating you or someone buying 2lbs of her worst cucumbers, while she displays her best offering,

Third, a man in a double breasted bad boy selling jumbo turnips! that does not happen at my farmers market.

Everybody is looking to our right, except the cigarette man upper left.

This scene is very original and you captured it beautifully,

I'm sure you planned it this way...jumbo congrats!

Gus Cobos
08-16-2008, 09:28 AM
This is a great people capture. It tells the story...good job. I like the colors and the feel to this one...:D:cool:

Fabs Forns
08-17-2008, 03:47 PM
I always liked your street photography, hope we can do soon, lots of fun!

Michael Pancier
08-17-2008, 05:38 PM
I always liked your street photography, hope we can do soon, lots of fun!

hey we should have a field trip to Lincoln road. A bunch of nature shooters shooting human nature. should be pretty wild

:-)

Robert Amoruso
08-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Nice one Alfred, central placement of the in focus person works well here.