PDA

View Full Version : the soft texture of a dandelion

Valerio Tarone
08-14-2008, 11:45 AM
on the twilight. sigma 70mm Aperture priority f4 1/125 at 500 ISO +1 compensation
I've been searching in various sites,in the forum 2 peoples with similar images: Mike Moats22-2-08
Starbuck 2-23-08 Manuel Presti award winining.
Comments: bluish cast. Would you treat in PS?
I made 6 images part with the sun ,part without sunlight. I think to send you 2- 3 photos for your comments. Thanks.

Steve Foss
08-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Valerio, I think this is a beautiful, dreamy image, and well done! It looks a bit dark on my monitor, but whether that was your intent, I think it works. Well, it works for me because I tend to like darkness as a way to add mystery and drama to images like this.

You might try to warm it a bit in PS and see if you like that better. It'll boil down to a matter of personal taste.

Looks like a dust speck or three (one obvious, two more subtle) on the sensor in the upper righthand corner.

Julie Kenward
08-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Valerio, I agree with Steve...you certainly created a mood here by leaving it on the blue side and keeping the overall image dark but you could certainly warm it up or remove the color cast altogether and see what you think. It's beautifully composed and well done!

Valerio Tarone
08-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi Steve, thank you!!! I think to treat it later to get less cold colours. in this period mi Photoshop is not working. the others photos I'll send (I didn't explain well before) have the ball of sun in front. I beg you, contributors, tell me which one you prefer.