PDA

View Full Version : Arctic fox

Charles Glatzer
08-14-2008, 11:36 AM
This image is copyrighted material as indicated, and is watermarked! Unauthorized use or reproduction for any reason is prohibited

Triple D Winter Wildlife Model Shoot '08

IDS Mark III, 300IS f/2.8 w/1.4x,
Manual, incident (no comp), 1/500 @ f/8, ISO 400
Post-production- ARC, CS3, full frame

See you where there is light, or at the computer

Best,

Chas
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Vincent Grafhorst
08-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Excellent exposure Chas. I also like the feet being sunk in the snow and the tail curled like that lying on top of the snow. Good eye contact, I am just wondering if a bit of fill flash could have brightened the eyes a little bit and provide a catchlight?

Charles Glatzer
08-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Excellent exposure Chas. I also like the feet being sunk in the snow and the tail curled like that lying on top of the snow. Good eye contact, I am just wondering if a bit of fill flash could have brightened the eyes a little bit and provide a catchlight?

Vincent,

I do not use flash with mammals, eye shine, unnatural appearance of guard hairs, etc. not to mention there is no bright catch-light in the eye on an overcast day.

Chas

Vincent Grafhorst
08-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks for your answer/explanation Chas.

Jim Neely
08-14-2008, 01:35 PM
What a pretty pose, Chas. The exposure and composition are outstanding, as usual.

jn

Krijn Trimbos
08-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Love the eye contact, fresh pack of snow and the mostly 'white on white' here! Good detail too. I thought maybe enhancing the eye a little bit (lightening/saturating) could give this even more power. Or is that what you meant with 'no eye shine' = no enhancing. A beautiful shot!

Tell Dickinson
08-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Love it Charles, exceptional exposure control, the only thing for me that could improve on it is to get rid of the bright reflection in his left eye as it looks unnatural to me (?)

Tell

Charles Glatzer
08-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Love it Charles, exceptional exposure control, the only thing for me that could improve on it is to get rid of the bright reflection in his left eye as it looks unnatural to me (?)

Tell

It is the white of the eye, not a reflection ;)
It is easier to see in a larger image.

Chas

Sid Garige
08-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Example of perfect exposure control. Excellent image Chas.

Grady Weed
08-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Jaw dropping! You are very talented Chas. I love this one and the bear in a tree. Both are good examples of exposure control and high key contrast with excellent details.

Mike Lentz
08-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Beautiful image, Chaz! You are a solid photog!