Program: Manual
Focus Mode: AI Servo AF
White Bal.: Auto

Cheers
gary

Robert Amoruso
08-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Gary,

Clouds and ominious looking sunset is certainly working well here in this composition, I feel the image w/o the fence would be better.

In your previous post, the FG and sky was dark but overall I liked the feeling or mode of the image there. Here I like the tonality better after a curves adjustment to brighten up the whole image. You have nice detail in the FG and clouds and it is obscured in the darker shadows of the FG. All I did was place an anchor point in the middle of the curves diagram and pull up and left. I would also suggest revisiting the other image too and try the curves adjustment.

Regarding the fence, to include it I feel it would be preferable to have not clipped the post of have the bottom close to the image edge.

If you want to keep a dark sky, masked out the adjustment there. I tried a gradient mask and it worked nicely. IF you not sure how to use a gradient mask let me know but I am working on a tutorial to post in the Education Forum on using it.

Figured I would post my version for you to see. When I give recommendations, I like to try them out first. I purposely lightened it more then may be preferable to show the difference better.

Roman Kurywczak
08-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Hey Gary,
I too like the earlier version better as the fence does nothing for me(not a leading line, just there).....but I do like what Robert did with the FG lightening. I'm re-posting a pano crop with a bit off the right for what I think is the strongest comp. You can leave the right in for a true pano look. I didn't get rid of the post on the left.........just to show where the crop is but it would have to go in the end product.
Another wonderful sky. Did I mention to make a huge print of the previous post?
PS......just took another look at the previous one......way to work a subject!

Robert Amoruso
08-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Nice crop Roman.