PDA

View Full Version : The Remains Of The Day

Julie Kenward
08-13-2008, 08:17 PM
This image was created inside my home office as the plant sat against a west facing window right before dusk.

Canon 40D, EF 100 f/2.8 Macro
f8 @ 1/40, ISO 200
Center weighted metering, AWB
Flash fired

Processed in Camera Raw, imported to CS3 and ran through the demo version of the Viveza plug-in (my first time using it...wow! :D)

Kaushik Balakumar
08-14-2008, 06:46 PM
The shadows & the angle u've shot it gives a 3-D look or a nice depth. The flower looks so fresh.& lovely details in the petals except for few petals on the nearer side (close to the viewer) which look a bit hot (it may be my monitor's fault too!)

Amy DeStefanis
08-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Hi Jules,

This is great - and I love the title! The background color is beautiful. I agree that the foreground petals might be a little hot. My monitor doesn't usually see hot spots when many others' do. The green leaves behind the bloom on the right have a highlight that distracts a little from the detail of the petals on the right-hand side. Maybe a little less brightness??

Amy D.

Julie Kenward
08-14-2008, 08:17 PM
They looked hot to me, too and yet my monitor wasn't showing any highlight clipping. Still, I went in and pulled them down a bit as well as the corner leaves you mentioned Amy. I think it evens the image out a bit. Good catch!

Jonathan Michael Ashton
08-15-2008, 02:25 AM
Very nice shot Julie, I lke the composition and the exposure, I am not too keen on the darker area however on the left hand side, I would prefer the darke blue.
Jon

Richard Waas
08-15-2008, 05:46 AM
Hi Jules. I love the comp. Repost is great. I've had Viveza since it came out. It's fabulous! And so easy to use. Congrats.....
Richard

Julie Kenward
08-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks, Jon...I'll look into lightening that back corner just a bit but I do want to leave the impression that the sun is going down.