PDA

View Full Version : Eyelash viper

Trey Barron
08-13-2008, 10:59 AM
I have not been around lately. I was doing feild work and did not have internet for the last three months. While I was gone I did get to go to Panama and look for some new critters including this eyelash viper. This one was taken at night with Canon 40d. Twin flash manual, f18 @1/160th with a 100mm macro. Let me know what you think.

Fabs Forns
08-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Very dramatic take of this beauty. I like the selective DOF although the branch is a bit distracting. Well done!

Kaushik Balakumar
08-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Its a beautiful reptile...
Nicely chosen DOF. The flash reflections from the coiled sections of its body (just below its head) is bit distracting though. Wondering if you could tone them down a little bit.
Will look fwd to see many more images from your trip... :)

Amy DeStefanis
08-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Wow - was this guy in the wild? I once knew some herpetology enthusiasts who raised these things - extremely venomous. But beautiful in their own way.

Beautifully sharp eye - he really pops off that background.

Amy D.

Steve Foss
08-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Great comp, Trey. Quite a dramatic and beautiful snake well captured. I like everything, but second Kaushik's point about the hot spots.

Arthur Morris
08-14-2008, 12:39 PM
I like it. It sure says "night." You might consider cropping a bunch from the left... Am curious as to whether the snake was free and wild.

Dan Walker
08-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Turned out pretty good Trey, agree with the hot spots, and just to be really picky maybe get rid of one of the flash reflections in the eye;).

Dan

Trey Barron
08-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks for all of the comments and I will tone down the highlights. This snake is wild. It is one of several that I saw while in Panama.