PDA

View Full Version : Creeper

Kaushik Balakumar
08-12-2008, 07:36 PM
http://www.pbase.com/bkaushik/image/100940255.jpg

These creepers against the tree trunks formed interesting subjects. The leaves' sizes decrease as our eyes move from the lower parts of the creeper stem to the top/tip of the creeper. I thought of using this such that it could lead us into the frame. Not sure how much its worked.
The tree bark may be a bit dark but I left it that way since it brings out the contrast better...

Would like to know your views...

Techs:
Nikon D300 + Nikkor 105mm VR micro + Circular Polarizer + tripod
f/16, 1/2, ISO400

Mike Moats
08-13-2008, 06:48 AM
Hey Kaushik, I like the image, good contrast and textures. I don't mind the dark BG.

Jonathan Michael Ashton
08-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Kaushik, I like the image and I understand the idea you have in mind but it appears a bit dark to me, especially with the dark frame. I think it needs a llittle lift.
Jon

Julie Kenward
08-13-2008, 09:13 AM
I agree...there is so much texture on that bark I hate for it to go under noticed. I'd bump it just a tiny bit and give it another dimension.

Kaushik Balakumar
08-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Thank you all for the feedback. Guess I would agree with the border not aiding the image.
During PP, one thing I pondered for quite a while was whether to boost the bark or not. Am not too sure of giving the bark much importance (in terms of boosting the levels) as it would then visually compete with the creeper.
Just my thoughts...

Steve Foss
08-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Great job, Kaushik. The dark BG emphasizes mystery, and too much detail in the background IMO would detract more from the vine. We all see these things a bit differently.