PDA

View Full Version : The Mystic River II

ashkan ojaghi
08-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Thank you for your comments on my previous image!
Canon EOS 30D + 18-55
1/125
f/7.1
ISO:320
cropped a little!
All of the C & Cs are appreciated!

Kaushik Balakumar
08-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Liked the clouds in the sky a lot - especially the rim lighting in them. The 'flowing' clouds/mist in the bottom half is surreal...
The smoke-like mist on the left of the frame in the bottom half, kind of offsets the rhythm in the image - not sure how it could be avoided or overcome.
Will wait to hear from the punters...

Roman Kurywczak
08-12-2008, 08:20 AM
Hi Ashkan,
Another image that has a nice contrast between the ominous fog and the sunburst peeking over the mountain top with the promise of a new day. To expand on what Kaushik says....I would lighten the fog just a very little bit........to further bring out the other layer of mountain that the fog is coming over and strenghten the impact of the fog in the LL corner. I don't mind the central placement of the sun as all the compositional lines lead us towards it.
Nicely done!

Robert Amoruso
08-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Nice work Ashkan. Roman and Kaushik have some good points, observations and suggestions.

I agree with Kaushik on the lower left had side of the image - it kind of drops off the edge of the ridge there. To me it would have been preferable to have the lower ridge all along the lower part of the frame to act as an anchor to the composition. If you are not adverse to such things, you could clone in some of the ridge from the right to the left.

ashkan ojaghi
08-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Thank you for your suggestions ... I agree with you (Robert) about cloning that part .. i'm going to try it and repost!

ashkan ojaghi
08-16-2008, 02:42 AM
Here is the repost ! sorry for being late!
what do you think ?