PDA

View Full Version : My Week in FLA! (Part 1)

Bob Malbon
08-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Wow, even in the searing Summer heat Florida did not disappoint! Spent the week at Ft. Myers Beach at a family event. Got out early several AMs to Sanibel and the Ding Darling NWR. Here is one of a Reddish Egret ( LBH per DC - thanks) that let me have time to compose! Sorry for no exif - RAW file still on laptop. 1dm3 on a handheld 500 f4. Bob

http://bob-malbon-photo.smugmug.com/photos/345880233_Gcroq-O.jpg

Daniel Cadieux
08-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi Bob, Florida rocks doesn't it!! What you have here is a "Little Blue Heron" - not a Reddish. I like the concentration on this guy's face. The big white area at top is rather distracting. The composition could be interesting if the body was directly at the URC. Please share more form your trip! :-)

Loukie Viljoen
08-11-2008, 10:26 AM
I love the compo. the colors, well tried to give a bit of change.

Bob Malbon
08-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Daniel, Thanks for the ID correction! Here in Maine we have LBH in the Summer but you do not get very close to them!! FLA for me was one step below a petting zoo!!! Bob

Sabyasachi Patra
08-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Different composition. It looks like as if you were flying overhead. :-)

The ripples in the water is nice.

Arthur Morris
08-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Love the BKGR even the ghostly appartitions! Sometimes it pays to work from a high persepctive. The light stuff in the lrc bugs me a bit but overall I like this one.

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Very striking composition and BG. Agree with the above comments. Glad you enjoyed your time in Florida.

Grady Weed
08-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Hey Bob! Florida rocks over the Biddeford Pool and Scarborough Marsh eh? Scoot down to Anhinga Trail in February! It is like a petting zoo on steroids.

Sudhir Shivaram
08-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi Bob,
I opened this image looking at the thumbnail mainly because of that white patch, which caused some cuoriosity as to what it is. This image is different. The angle has worked very well. The lighting on the head part is just fine. The noise adds to the effect of the flowing water. The concentration of the Heron has been well captured. A very nice creative image, different from the rest.

Rgds,
Sudhir