PDA

View Full Version : Crocodilefish

Bruce Enns
08-10-2008, 07:03 PM
I haven't seen any fish here for a little while so I thought I'd post this Crocodilefish. We saw these on nearly every dive on our trip to Wakatobi in Sept 2006. This was shot with a Rebel XT and a Canon 60mm Macro in an Ikelite housing with Ikelite 125 and 50 strobes using TTL flash control. AV mode ISO 100 1/200s f/18 PP in PS CS3.

Comments and critiques welcome. Thanks for looking!

Cheers!
Bruce

Alfred Forns
08-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Nice Croc Bruce !!! Got some from the Solomons but nothing as nice as this one !!! You got him on a decent bg so you can see the fish, mine are hard to tell they are there even on the slide !!!! Excellent !!!

Amy DeStefanis
08-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Nice photo Bruce. Wakatobi is definitely on the list for us to do. I'll have to go through my photos from Galapagos in June and post more fish too....
:)

Amy D.

Bruce Enns
08-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks Alfred and Amy...Wakatobi is a special place and these guys were everywhere. They have the most bizarre eyes of any vertebratel I've ever seen. Amy, I would love to see your images of the Galapagos!

Cheers!
Bruce

Amy DeStefanis
08-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Wow! Look at that eye!! That needs to go in the Macro forum! How interesting, It reminds me of a Stingray eye - but those "veins? branchy things?" coming down from the top are just bizarre. You can even see the kind of opalescence in the eye itself. Nice picture. Post it to the Macro forum (if you haven't already and I just missed it).

Thus far, I'm only using one strobe - but plan to add another one - it makes a big difference for filling in shadows. Good job.

Amy D.