PDA

View Full Version : Input Devices

Amy DeStefanis
08-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Is anyone using a graphic tablet and pen for input instead of the mouse / laptop touchpad?

I am considering getting one to make masking, etc easier. Any advice?

Thanks,
Amy D.

Doug West
08-12-2008, 01:28 AM
I have a Wacom tablet. I've had it for about two years now. I think I've used it twice since then. I just
got to the point where I was better at editing my pictures with my regular mouse vs using a pen.

But thats just me. Different strokes for different folks. You could buy one and end up loving it.

Doug

Anita Rakestraw
08-12-2008, 04:41 AM
I have a Wacom tablet too, because I knew some people who think they're just fabulous. I dabbled a bit in digital painting and think the tablets are really good for that. However, I never did get mine all set up to do the things that I do with my mouse, and I'm pretty good with my mouse so wasn't motivated enough to figure out how to set everything! Some people love them and would never go back to a mouse.

Alfred Forns
08-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi Amy We had a Cintiq but gave it up because the huge size Now we use a 9x12

If you set it up in a convenient place you will use it !!! The problem is they are large and get in the way. If you get the small one it will be difficult to use. Basically is getting used to them.

Maxis Gamez
08-12-2008, 11:51 AM
I have a 5x7 Wacom and never looked back after 3 days using it.

Amy DeStefanis
08-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Thanks for your comments, everyone. Frankly, since I got my Mac Book Pro and wireless router, I haven't sat at the desk to do my image processing at all... I'm usually on the couch with my laptop, well,... in my lap (here I sit). So maybe this would not be practical for me. But sometimes there are some more intricate things I'd like to get some precision with (masking)....

Thanks again,
Amy

Joanna Trescott
08-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I use the Wacom tablet and love it because it is just like using a pen. I sit it on my lap when I work and love it.

Paul Wolf
09-02-2008, 12:13 PM
I may be late to the party, but I'll comment anyway. For several years I edited with a mouse. Now, since I've gotten my Wacom, I can't understand how I did without it. Just being able to vary the selection size based on pen pressure is absolutely a must. If I want to burn in a feather for example, I start at the base of the feather with a hard pressure to get the wide base but as I proceed toward the tapered end, I just let up on the pressure and the effect tapers nicely with the feather. You simply can't do that with a mouse. Making selections is so much more accurate and much quicker because the pen is just easier to hold and guide than a cumbersome mouse. For me, my Wacom was money well spent. Just don't understand why I avoided it for so long.

Paul