PDA

View Full Version : Wild grass

Sabyasachi Patra
08-09-2008, 10:38 AM
I shot this in Malaysia.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, Canon EF 2xII, ISO 200, f11, 1/200sec, full frame

Alfred Forns
08-09-2008, 01:05 PM
I like the foreground and its sharpness but not crazy about the bg clutter Would love seeing on isolate with pure green or blue Would look sweet !!! Might be able to smooth the bg but not sure if it would look natural !!!

Ed Vatza
08-09-2008, 01:11 PM
I like the subject grasses a lot although I do wish the second grass was in front of the green strand that cuts across it. These grasses are very crisp and sharp. They look really good. But I think a lot of the impact is lost because of the very busy background. I would really like to see these grasses against a solid or at least more diffuse background.

Julie Kenward
08-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Yep, I'm with them. I love the stuff in the FG but not wild about the BG. If it were all blue or all green or all black I could probably grow to love it but all three together is a bit distracting.

Those foreground stalks are smashing, though...I'd see if you could separated them out and let them dance on a solid color BG.