PDA

View Full Version : Outpost in south-east

Daniel Stenberg
08-08-2008, 05:42 PM
This is the island of Utklippan in the Blekinge archipelago, south-eastern part of Sweden. The lighthouse here was built in 1870 but has today only a soft light to remind us about itīs glory days. In one of the houses is Utklippan Bird Observatory situated since the 1960īs. Utklippan is well known for itīs breeding seabirds and itīs seals and are therefor a protected area.

Nikon D200, AF 20mm/2.8, F22, ISO 200, 1/6, -0,3. Gitzo tripod

Thanks for watching

Harold Davis
08-09-2008, 03:54 PM
hi daniel, your photo looked too blue to me so i did a little color balance on it. i also cropped it a little to bring the lighthouse into the ROT. i hope you dont mind!! i also used the gradient tool on the sky to darken a bit and add some contrast. desaturated and added some warmth.

hope you like it. i like the scene!! love lighthouses!!

Roman Kurywczak
08-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi Daniel,
I like Harold's PP job as it brought out many more of the details. The cloud in the UR adds a nice balance to the image and you did well to keep a bit of water separation between the rocks and peninsula. this spot looks worth re-visiting if you have more dramatic light but you still did a good job with what you had. Very nice use of the breakwall as a leading line and I prefer your original crop there.... as I find the stones very appealing.

Robert Amoruso
08-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Harold and Roman have captured my suggestions well. I agree with Roman that the rocks on the left have good detail and should remain in.

Kaushik Balakumar
08-11-2008, 06:05 AM
Beautiful image. I liked the original post a lot.
Daniel, do u also have any longer exposure shots of the same to share...? I thought that could be interesting too.