PDA

View Full Version : The Bold Coast

Layton E Parham
08-08-2008, 05:29 PM
View from Sand Beach, Acadia National Park, Maine
Canon EOS 1D MarkIII, 16-35II @35mm, F9, 1/1600sec, Iso 400, Manual Mode , slight crop
www.LaytonParhamPhoto.com (http://www.LaytonParhamPhoto.com)

Roman Kurywczak
08-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi Layton,
I like the placement of the gull in the frame.......just wish he was flying in.....but he still has plenty of room. I would darken the sky a bit as the lighting does appear a bit harsh and it looks like you have more detail in that sky. I would be intrested to hear where you cropped.......as some of the FG rocks are clipped (I know, I know,........there are a billion of them and you have to choose someplace)...but maybe having the whole srtrong FG one would help. Compositionally I like the shoreline and the way it leads us into the distance. The horizon may be ever so slightly out......so a little PP work on that and the sky may make this one quite a bit stronger.

Robert Amoruso
08-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Roman summed up my feelings on this image well Layton. Like the gull placement, the livens up the image a lot. and balance out the rock on the right.

Kaushik Balakumar
08-11-2008, 06:40 AM
Lovely image. Just feel that a GND filter might have helped to get more out of the sky. The placement of the bird in the frame is just apt.