PDA

View Full Version : Southern Lapwing

Adams Serra
08-07-2008, 06:56 PM
This is one of the images that i wanted to make while in Brasil last month.I Only wish for a little better head angle.

MKIII
F8.0
1/1000
Iso 800
600mm x 2tc
Full Frame

All comments are appreciated.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Light, details, pose and exposure control look good. I find the OOF blades of grass in the foreground a bit distracting.

Sid Garige
08-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Adam how about a little tighter crop? Just showing head and bit of wings.

Maxis Gamez
08-08-2008, 06:14 AM
Hey Adam,

This is very nice. Love the low angle light and behavior! I would leave it as it is!

Vincent Grafhorst
08-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Wow, I like this comp. When looking at the thumbnail I figured this would not work, but it does because of the 'spikes' on the wings IMO. I agree that the OOF grass at its legs is a bit distracting and am with Sid that a tighter crop could work therefore.

Daniel Cadieux
08-08-2008, 12:03 PM
I think cropping to just above the leg and then using a QM to rid of the OOF blade remnant would clean this up very nicely. Love the spurs, the eye, the wings up pose, and the BG. Still a unique composition though... :-)

Arthur Morris
08-08-2008, 02:56 PM
The spikes are the bomb. Head angle is pretty good. What bugs me is that you cut the bird's legs right at the ankle joint. For that reason I like Sid's suggested crop... Laslty I would get rid of the bit of sand (???) near the tip of the bill. EXp and SH perfect.

Adams Serra
08-08-2008, 03:18 PM
The spikes are the bomb. Head angle is pretty good. What bugs me is that you cut the bird's legs right at the ankle joint. For that reason I like Sid's suggested crop... Laslty I would get rid of the bit of sand (???) near the tip of the bill. EXp and SH perfect.
Hey Artie,
Thank you for the comments above, when i took this picture my goal was to show the spikes as clear as possible, that is way i compose the picture like this, cutting the bird leg at the knee using the cut don't clip rule.

Thank you again,
Adams

Arthur Morris
08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi Adams, Cutting in the middle of the joint is clipping to me. Best to cut either part of the leg in half rather than cutting right at the joint...

From the author of the "cut don't clip" rule :) :D :)

ps: what you think of as the knee is actually the bird's ankle...

Adams Serra
08-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi Adams, Cutting in the middle of the joint is clipping to me. Best to cut either part of the leg in half rather than cutting right at the joint...

From the author of the "cut don't clip" rule :) :D :)

ps: what you think of as the knee is actually the bird's ankle...
Artie,
Thank you for make it clear the "cut don't clip" rule.

Adams